All individuals working in the State of Arkansas must be licensed. The individual must be employed by a licensed company, submit a licensing application and pass an examination for each type system they wish to perform.
ALL EXAMINATIONS WILL BE TAKEN FROM THE FOLLOWING EDITIONS
OF NFPA STANDARDS.
- Portable Fire Extinguisher NFPA 10 – 2010 Edition
- Carbon Dioxide Extinguishing Systems (C02) NFPA 12 – 2011 Edition
- Dry Chemical Extinguishing Systems (Fixed) NFPA 17 – 2009 Edition
- Wet Chemical Extinguishing Systems (Fixed) NFPA 17A – 2009 Edition
- Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems NFPA 2001 – 2012 Edition
- Hydro Class “A” NFPA 10 – 2010 Edition
- Hydro Class “B” NFPA 10 – 2010 Edition
- Sprinkler Inspector NFPA 13 – 2010 Edition and NFPA 25 – 2011 Edition
NFPA 13 is an open book examination.
- Sprinkler Fitter - NFPA 20, NFPA 24, NFPA 25, NFPA 13, NFPA 13R and NFPA 14.
This entire examination is open book with a 3 hour limit.
- Responsible Managing Employee ACT 743
ALL EXAMINATION CANDIDATES MUST TAKE AND PASS THE ARKANSAS LAW EXAMINATION WITH A SCORE OF 90%. THIS WILL BE FROM ACT 743.
- Applications should be received no later than one (1) week prior to testing date. Appropriate fees comes with the applicant on day of testing.
- Should the requested test date not be available testing will be arranged for the next test date or for the date mutually agreed on between the AFPLB and the applicant and/or employer.
- Individuals not able to test on the scheduled date must call the office as soon as possible to reschedule testing.
- Testing is scheduled for the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Exceptions to the testing schedule will be Holidays and Board Meetings.
- Testing will begin at 8:30 AM and continue until 4:30 PM.
- Test results will be available on test date.
- Test applications must be completed for each test.
- Applications for a Fixed Fire Suppression license must be accompanied by a certificate4 of training or an affidavit of training for each brand.
A certificate of training from the distributor or an affidavit of training for each brand and type must accompany the application for FIXED FIRE SUPPRESSION examinations. The affidavit of training is used the same as above. Training can only be performed by an individual having a certificate of training from the distributor. An individual trained and licensed by affidavit cannot train or submit an affidavit for another person. The training certificate from the distributor must be attached to the affidavit.
- Training information should accompany the initial test application ONLY.
- A score of at least 90% is required in order to pass each examination, with the exception of Sprinkler Fitter examination which requires passing score is 70%.
To schedule an examination or obtain additional information please call 501-661-7903
/ Individual Application Form
the icon to the right to view and print this form.
- Clean Agent
single application has been developed for use by all applicants.
Please read the application carefully and complete those
sections that apply to your particular testing, attach
any required documentation and submit the appropriate
fee(s) for your testing.)